Welfare officers are VIPS...
Thanks for becoming club welfare officer. You're a Very Important Person in Welsh gymnastics, and we're here to help you and your club put children's safety and happiness first.
Everyone needs to know how to report a concern & highlight poor practice
Please make sure...
- Your safeguarding training is up-to-date (Read more about safeguarding training)
- You're on the club committee
- Coaches and volunteers know who you are and how you can help
- Your name and contact details are on a poster on the club notice board
- You complete and send a Child Protection Incident form to Welsh Gymnastics [add link] to report any type of concern (even where no immediate action may be needed)
- Regular meetings to brief parents and carers about child protection and your role
- Putting information in club newsletters and social media posts highlighting child welfare and how you can help
Need more support or advice?
Child protection incident report form (Word document, 2MB, opens in new window)
Child protection incident report form (Pdf, 970 KB, opens in new window)
Welsh Gymnastics' Safeguarding key points
We also have more useful documents and links