British Gymnastics has the following full-time post to cover a period of maternity leave. The role is based at home with occasional UK travel.
Business Support Partner - HR
- 37 hours per week
- Salary range £19,280 to £25,700 per annum (dependent upon experience)
- + contributory pension scheme
- + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
British Gymnastics is the UK Governing Body for gymnastics, dedicated to developing gymnasts, coaches and clubs across a range of disciplines. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, we are proud of the part we have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of our amazing sport.
Purpose of the role
Working within a team, the Business Support Partner – HR, will provide HR related support and guidance to club managers, enabling them to successfully implement initiatives to improve and sustain the effective running of their day to day club operations.
- Provide hands on support and guidance to club managers, through methodical and planned interactions, which meet the needs of the club.
- Assist club managers to resolve issues and where appropriate, act as an intermediary with third-party organisations provided through membership with British Gymnastics.
- Work with the clubs to support the risk assessment of case work.
- Work with the British Gymnastics Case Management Team (CMT) and other departments, to identify solutions to club development needs.
- Work closely with other departments in British Gymnastics, to provide joined up support to club managers.
- Create and deliver development events, conferences, webinars and podcasts, and to create online tools and resources.
- Work with other members of the Learning and Development team to create club guidance and development interventions such as podcasts, webinars, face to face training, resources and guidance documents.
- Create tools and resources that can be accessed electronically where possible, to enable successful implementation by clubs.
- Gather and use insight and feedback through evaluation of interventions, to understand opportunities for continuous service development and delivery
Applicants are required to:
- Demonstrate expertise in the effective management of complaints, concerns or misconduct.
- Have a working knowledge of, and demonstrable expertise across the generalist HR field, including for example, people management, health and safety, child protection, data protection and equality.
- Analyse and resolve problems/ issues as they arise, taking responsibility for managing and decision making on work programmes, making recommendations for improvements or changes as required.
- Have good attention to detail and the ability to work sensitively with confidential information.
- Be flexible in relation to working hours and travel i.e. occasional working during evening or weekends, and a full driving licence.
- Be an excellent communicator demonstrating great listening, interpersonal and IT skills; be proficient at delivering presentations and training and demonstrate a positive attitude towards continual professional development.
- Be non-judgmental, honest, open and factual.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit our website
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 28th July 2019
Interview date: Thursday, 8th August 2019
Shropshire Rural Communities Charity’s Wheels2Work scheme offers scooter and electric bike loans to people who need support travelling to work. If you’re interested in applying for a role a British Gymnastics but don’t currently have access to a car, you may be able to hire a Wheels2Work scooter or electric bike for up to six months, giving you the time to make longer-term arrangements.