Are you an experienced gymnast looking to take your career to the next level? Cardiff Central Youth Centre are looking for a passionate coach to join their team to teach their rhythmic squad.
Closing date: 19th September 2019
Location: Cardiff Central Youth Club, Ocean Park, Ocean Way, Cardiff, CF24 5EF
Salary: £8 to £12 an hour depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Min. 9 hours per week, increasing to12 hours depending on the number of sessions
Working pattern: Part-time
Role and responsibilities
- Teach our rhythmic sessions to children aged 6 and above.
- Adhere to the club, Welsh Gymnastics and British Gymnastics policies and procedures.
- Liaise with parents to discuss performance and provide feedback on their child’s progress.
- Maintain communication via social media in regards to session times and arrangements.
- Represent the club and attend competitions with gymnasts.
- Maintain electronic registration and attendance records for gymnasts.
- Undertake equipment safety checks and risk assessments as required.
- Maintain responsibility for the health, safety and duty of care of gymnasts during lessons.
- Hold a UKCC level 1 to 3 rhythmic qualification.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to motivate children.
- Successful candidates must pass an enhanced disclosure and barring security (DBS) check.
- Be confident and enthusiastic in the rhythmic discipline.
- IT literate (to be able to use an iPad to record attendance and social media to communicate).
- Hold a UKCC level 1 to 3 qualification in other gymnastics disciplines, such as female artistic, male artistic, tumbling, DMT and TeamGym.
- Experience in working with pre-school children.
- First aid qualification.
- Ability to use social media.
- Hold a Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate.
- Support to attend coaching and safeguarding courses/qualifications.
- Coach development.
- Discretionary expenses provided by club to attend competitions.
- Be part of a dedicated and supportive coaching team.
- Be part of a successful club.
- Flexibility to work within other gymnastics disciplines.
About the club
CCYC was formed in 1919 and has fast become one of the largest gymnastics clubs in Wales. The club provides opportunities for recreational gymnastics, women’s artistic, men’s artistic, tumble, DMT, team gym, adult and rhythmic.
They have gymnasts competing at national level and most recently at the British Championships.
As a charity, all profits are reinvested back into the club to upgrade their facilities and develop the standard of gymnastics as a whole.
Contact for applicants
For further information contact Lorna on 02920 461 988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the post, please send a CV and cover letter FAO Trustees by email to email@example.com.