Following the Welsh Government's announcement last Friday, Welsh Gymnastics can confirm the following:
- Gymnastics clubs can remain open
- There is no change to the indoor gathering for exercise regulation, the maximum 30 remains
- Anyone aged 11 and over must wear face coverings until they are taking part in exercise or strenuous activity. For exemptions please review the following here.
- Coaches must wear face coverings unless completing exercise or strenuous activity; it is particularly important to avoid wearing a mask whilst performing activities that will cause perspiration (exemptions above)
- Social distancing is required at all times
- Clubs based within non-dedicated facilities (i.e. leisure centres, community or schools) must ensure they are aware and continue to follow the facility protocols
- Where a club is located within a local lockdown area, they must adhere to the local regulations.
Welsh Gymnastics continue to ask all clubs to follow Welsh Government and NGB guidelines at all times and to ensure their risk assessments reflect the change in legislation and your own environment/facility.
We will continue to monitor and update as more clarity, advice and guidance becomes available. Please find WHO advice on Face Coverings here.