Welfare officers are VIPS...
Thanks for becoming club welfare officer. You're a Very Important Person in Welsh gymnastics, and we're here to help you and your club put children's safety and happiness first.
Everyone needs to know how to report a concern & highlight poor practice
Please make sure...
- Your safeguarding training is up-to-date (Read more about safeguarding training)
- You're on the club committee
- Coaches and volunteers know who you are and how you can help
- Your name and contact details are on a poster on the club notice board
- You complete and send a Child Protection Incident form to Welsh Gymnastics to report any type of concern (even where no immediate action may be needed)
- Regular meetings to brief parents and carers about child protection and your role
- Putting information in club newsletters and social media posts highlighting child welfare and how you can help
Need more support or advice?
Child protection incident report form [Word document, 2MB, link opens in new window]
Child protection incident report form [(Pdf, 970 KB, opens in new window]
Welsh Gymnastics' Safeguarding key points
We also have more useful documents and links