Membership for 2020-21
All club members need to join Welsh Gymnastics, the National Governing Body for the sport in Wales. This gives you insurance, discounts and other benefits including automatic membership of British Gymnastics.
Membership benefits include:
New for the 2020/21 membership year. As part of your membership you will be able to access exclusive discounts with exciting brands, available via the new digital portal.
Access to coaches qualified to national standards, ensuring training's of the highest standard
More information about https://www.british-gymnastics.org/gymnasts/gymnast-membership/welcome
Our club search page brings up a full list of existing member clubs in Wales, and it's where anyone who wants to be a part of the exciting and growing sport of gymnastics can find their nearest club to join.
Membership for participants
We want to support participants getting back to your clubs and so for the membership renewals in September and October, and for new members who register at this time, we will be subsidising the annual membership fee for bronze, silver and gold members.
- Pre-school: £10 for September/October- £13 thereafter. Not yet in full time education during this membership year, your child is beginning their gymnastics journey. We’ll be here to support their development every step of the way.
- Bronze club gymnast: £15 for September/October - £19 thereafter. Ideal for those taking part in gymnastics from once a week to competing in local and some regional competitions. You’re covered with our comprehensive insurance and can access our expertly created gymnastics programmes and products.
- Club officer: £15 for September/October – £19 thereafter. For non-coaching support roles in the club e.g. secretary, welfare officer or judge; all vital roles to ensure the efficient and safe running of a club.
- Bronze competitive gymnast: £20 for September/October - £25 thereafter. For gymnasts performing on the Welsh domestic competitive pathway.
- Silver competitive gymnast: £35 for September/October - £43 thereafter. For gymnasts competing in official performance pathway events including regional, national, and British Championship-level competition
- Assistant Coach: £35 for September/October - £43 thereafter. For all coaches who hold a level one qualification. A valid DBS and safeguarding award are required to be in place for membership
- Coach: £62 for 20/21 membership year. You’re a qualified deliverer of our sport, helping more and more gymnasts achieve amazing things. A valid DBS and safeguarding award are required to be in place for membership.
- National or Brevet Judges: £62 for 20/21 membership year. You judge at the highest competitive levels of the sport, travelling across the UK and the world to assess athletes competing in the Commonwealth Games, world championships, and the Olympic Games. A valid DBS and safeguarding award may be required to be in place for this role
Alongside this we are encouraging participants who are struggling financially due to the impact of the Coronavirus to apply for funding through the British Gymnastics Foundation Hardship Programme. Applications are now closed, but the Foundation are working hard to reopen the grants in 2021.
You can view all of the member rules here